Students applying for admission are considered on an individual basis. Admission will be finalized after evaluation of submitted documents, completion of a school admission test, and payment of fees.
Note: All students admitted to the IPS in Al Khobar must live with parents or an authorized adult guardian. When a student does not live with a parent, the Director, or his designee, will investigate and make a determination concerning a possible waiver.
TIMELINE for IPS Admission Process
- 1st wk of January - IPS begins accepting applications - only complete applications will be schedule for assessment
- 3rd wk of February - Admission Assessment for IPS siblings, waitlist candidates, and staff children - scheduled on a first come first served basis. Decisions based on assessments will be communicated via e-mail within 7 business days.
- March, April, & May - Admission Assessments for all applicants scheduled on a first come first served basis. Decisions based on assessments will be communicated via e-mail within 7 business days.
- Throughout the admission process IPS may close applications for grades as they fill. If this is the case, then those scheduled for testing will be notified and any/all monies returned.
Enrollment Application Procedures
01The following documents MUST be submitted when applying for enrollment: (Note: Submission of the application form and documents does not guarantee that a child will be accepted to IPS.)
- Fully completed application form
- Academic report cards for the previous three years (including current report card) Note: If the student attended a school from outside K.S.A., the previous school year’s report card as well as the most recent report card must be stamped by the school and authenticated/ attested by the Saudi Cultural Attaché and the Saudi Embassy in that country, the Ministry of Education or its equivalent, and/ or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or its equivalent.
- High School Transcript of Records
- Photocopy of parents' passport and child's passport
- Photocopy of child's birth certificate
- Photocopy of parents' and child's iqama/ family I.D. (front and back)/GCC ID
- Employment letter from parent’s company in Saudi Arabia (for expats only)
- Photocopy of student's Ministry Approval, if coming from a school in K.S.A.
02Testing – When application forms and documents have been completed and submitted, your child will be given an admissions test schedule and payment of the testing fee will be collected. Incomplete application forms and documents will not be accepted and admission testing will not be scheduled. An admissions test is administered to assess student's levels of reading, writing, and mathematics. The testing fee of 500SR is non-refundable but will be applied towards the tuition fee if the student is accepted for admission. In the event testing for admission is not possible, then this fee will be refunded.
03Acceptance and Enrollment Fee – After completing the assessment to the required standard, the school will contact you to offer a place in your child’s age-appropriate class, provided that there is an opening. Once contacted, in order to confirm and hold your child’s place, you must come in to pay the non-refundable enrollment fee of SR 4,000. It is not possible to defer this fee for any reason. Your child’s enrollment is not official until this step is completed.
04Waiting List – Because there is high demand for enrollment in IPS, there may be a wait-list. When this is the case, we will put your child’s name on the list and contact you when/ if space is available.